Upcoming event of interest to Vermont Libertarians…
“Taxpayers Gather To Protest Deficit Spending, Increasing Taxes, Loss of Liberties and Alternatives”
** Date: Wednesday, April 15, 2009
** Time: 12:00pm – 2:00pm
** Location: State House Lawn Montpelier, Montpelier, VT
** Phone: 8022791261
** Email: email@example.com
** More Info: http://www.vermontteaparty.com/
– John McClaughry, former Senior Policy adviser to Ronald Reagan and VT State Senator and current president of the Ethan Allen Institute will be speaking about “Vermont’s Long Slide Toward Less Liberty” – what has happened over the past 40 years and what we can do about it.
– Matt Cropp, of VT Campaign For Liberty, American Socialism for the Rich and the Bank Users Strike Team will talk about credit unions and how they benefit users and the communities they serve.
– Jim Hogue, blogger, farmer and radio host will be discussing the Federal Reserve and how this private banking cartel took control of the American Taxpayer.
– Stewart Skrill, farmer and former VT and US House of Reps. candidate, will be speaking about the 10th Amendment of the US Constitution.
– Vermonters For Economic Health will also be providing us a speaker.
Please bring at least 3 tea bags with you to the rally. We will have 3 crates set up near the Federal building in which you should deposit your tea bags. The crates will then be delivered to the offices of Rep. Welch and Sens. Leahy and Sanders. I am asking for volunteers who would be willing to make these deliveries (especially to Welch as his office is in Burlington).
Be sure to pack a lunch and bring a blanket or chairs to sit on. There is no vending on the State House Lawn, though the cafeteria will be open. Again, this is a peaceful, family-friendly event. No pets allowed unless they are service animals.
Vermonters For Economic Health will be making a presentation “vermont’s Unsustainable Future” immediately following the Tea Party at 2pm in the AIV conference room. This presentation is free and open to the public. Having seen this presentation before I highly recommend making time to attend. For more information please visit http://www.vermontersforeconomichealth.org/
The “We The People” Food drive at the Tea Party will benefit the Salavation Army Emergency Food Shelf. TJ Michael’s will be helping me coordinate this effort. Please make sure to bring a non-perishable food item.
And don’t forget– the Legislature is in session! Be sure to allow time for yourself to stop in and say hello. Let your Representatives and Senators know where you stand!
Parking in Montpelier can be a challenge! Most of the parking lots are permitted and many of the meters have a 2 hour limit. Here is a link to parking info from the City of Montpelier: . There is a map and listed below that are the names and locations of lots. There is also a parking garage located at the City Center on the corner of Main and East State Sts behind La Brioche. I really encourage everyone to try to carpool and arrive early. Again, to help coordinate carpoolers we have set up this email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have room or need a ride send an email. This is a courtesy and we can’t be held liable if problems arise from your choice to carry passengers or ride in someone else’s car.
Rain date April 18 noon-2pm