FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
May 3, 2018
The Vermont Libertarian Party 2018 Convention was held on April 28th in Burlington.
It was well attended and we had 4 speakers speak on various topics such as:
- Blockchain and Government by Ryan Munn
- Immigration and American Privilege by Henrique Cezar
- Gun Rights Issues in Vermont by Eddie Garcia
- Running for Office as a Libertarian by Archie Flower
We also heard from 3 potential candidates:
- Varpilah Chase – State Representative – Chittenden 8-1
- Archie Flower – State Senate Addison County
- Seth Cournoyer – Vermont Governor
There was good discussion for each of the speakers/candidates.
We also adopted the 2018 Platform and nominated 3 delegates to the national LP Convention in June. They are:
- Thomas Simmons of Chester
- Loyal Ploof of Burlington
- Varpilah Chase of Essex Junction
Thank you to all the speakers, candidates that presented and to Ken Chandler and Heavenly Ryan for helping with organizing the convention. Ken Chandler also paid out of his own pocket for the convention to be videotaped. We will be posting videos from the convention shortly.
We will soon announce meeting dates to meet with more potential candidates and to decide on nominations.
Below are some photos from the convention:
About Vermont Libertarian Party
The Vermont Libertarian Party is an affiliate of The National Libertarian Party. The motto of the VTLP is “Small Government, Low Taxes, More Freedom.” The VTLP has been more or less active in the Green Mountain State since the early 1980s. Despite the relatively small size of our state Party, the Libertarian Party is the largest third party in the country and driving a renaissance in libertarian thinking in this country.
Jeremy Ryan, Chair
Vermont Libertarian Party
PO Box 5475
Burlington VT 05402-5475
Email: [email protected]
Posts written by various volunteers of the Vermont Libertarian Party